The results of a representative survey of Victoria businesses and residents were released by Ipsos Reid today.
- Both residents (85%) and businesses (87%) say they are at least somewhat familiar with the two options being considered.
- Both residents (68%) and businesses (76%) say that newspapers are their main source of information about the two options being considered.
- Both residents and businesses have a clear preference for replacement over rehabilitation. This preference extends to all survey subgroups (e.g. by location, age, main travel mode, business size, business type, etc).
- Among residents, 64% prefer replacement versus 29% for rehabilitation.
- Among businesses, 68% prefer replacement versus 21% for rehabilitation.
- Both residents and businesses prefer the replacement option primarily because of cost issues and/or construction issues.
- Residents who prefer replacement are most likely to mention cost issues (52%) and construction issues (36%).
- Businesses that prefer replacement are most likely to mention construction issues (61%) and cost issues (41%).