On November 20, 2010 the City of Victoria is asking voters to approve borrowing $49.2 million dollars to replace t he Johnson Street Bridge.
In order to provide more information, and to respond to any questions on the project and the borrowing referendum, a number of public events are scheduled between now and the referendum date of November 20.
Those events include:
- Designing a Landmark Bridge: Meet the Architects at the Victoria Conference Centre, on Monday, October 25 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Big Picture: Why Borrowing Makes Good Sense, at Victoria City Hall, on Wednesday, November 3 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Guided Bridge Tours on Saturday, October 23, and Saturday, November 6. Space is limited. Please call 250.361.0288 to register.
- Johnson Street Bridge Open House: Have questions? We have answers, at Victoria City Hall, on Saturday, November 13, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Learn Why Replacing the Bridge is the Sustainable Option, at Victoria City Hall, on Wednesday, November 17, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.