Contractors, Suppliers & Job Opportunities
PCL Constructors Westcoast
PCL Constructors Westcoast has been contracted to build the new bridge. They are responsible for securing all subcontractors, trades and crews for delivering the contract and have hired several local sub-contractors and suppliers. If you are interested in working on the Johnson Street Bridge project, please contact PCL directly.
In order to undertake a project of this magnitude and complexity, the City retained MMM Group to provide the engineering services for design and project management of the work through to completion. The MMM Group is a large Canadian engineering firm with experience and expertise in moveable bridges.
- A.C.T. Concrete Placing and Finishing Ltd. (Victoria)
- Butler Brothers Supplies Ltd (Victoria)
- Construction Drilling Inc (Duncan)
- Crane Consulting (Victoria)
- Don Mann Excavating (Victoria)
- Focus Surveying (Victoria)
- Harris Rebar (Nanaimo)
- Hemmera (Victoria)
- Island Traffic Services (Victoria)
- Ocean Concrete (Victoria)
- Ralmax (Victoria)
- Ruskin Construction (Duncan)
- Salish Sea Industrial (Victoria)
- United Engineering (Victoria)
The firm selected by PCL for fabricating the bascule leaf is ZTSS Bridge located northwest of Shanghai in China.
The Urban Development Institute believes the new bridge will encourage and strengthen development opportunities estimated to be in excess of half a billion dollars in Victoria West and downtown Victoria. Based on the Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ calculation for short-term job creation per million dollars of infrastructure investment, about 900 short-term jobs are expected as a result of this project.Go to Top